Dahi Tadka (Tempered Raita)
No Indian meal is complete without raita. Today I share a secret recipe of mine, Dahi Tadka, that is always high in demand. A perfect accompaniment for lunch or dinner.
- 2 cups curd
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 small tomato finely chopped
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2" piece of ginger finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder (jeera)
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Chopper cordiander for garnish.
For the tadka (tempering)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
Prepare the raita by adding the onions, tomatoes, green chillies, and ginger to well beaten curd.
Season it with salt, cumin powder, and red chilli powder.
For the tempering, heat oil in a tempering pan.
Add the mustard seeds and let them crackle. Add in the curry leaves.
Add the turmeric powder and pour it over the raita. Make sure you don't burn the turmeric.
The dahi tadka is ready to serve. Garnish it with chopped coriander.