Pan Roasted Potatoes
Looking for a perfect side dish for your roasts and pies? Pan Roasted Potatoes is the recipe for you.
- 3-4 large potatoes
- 1 whole garlic
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 2 tbsp oil
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt to taste
- Wash the potatoes well and cut them into large pieces. In a large saucepan, add in water and a tbsp of salt. Boil the potatoes with skin. Make sure they aren’t overcooked.
- Drain the potatoes and leave them in the colander to dry. Do not run them under cold water. This creates a sort of layer of skin on the potatoes that adds to the crispness and flavor.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a pan.
- Add in the potatoes and toss them so that the oil coats them evenly.
- Add in coarsely chopped garlic
- Reduce the heat to a minimum and add in rosemary.
- Keep tossing the potatoes so that they color evenly. It would take around 8-10 minutes to cook.
- Check the salt and add more if required.
- Remove from heat and add in the juice of one lemon.
- Serve hot.
- You can also use a few springs of fresh rosemary.
- Feel free to use any herb of your choice but rosemary works best for this.