Tomato Kasundi (Chutney)
Tangy tomatoes cooked to perfection in rich Indian spices. A delectable chutney from Bengal, Tomato Kasundi (or Kasaundi) is a great accompaniment. It works great as a relish too.
- 5-6 large tomatoes (500 gms)
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes (125 gms)
- 1/2 cup mustard oil
- 3 tbsp coarsely ground garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp coarsely ground ginger
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 2 tsp mustard seeds (sarson)
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds (methi dana)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder (jeera)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp white vinegar
- Clean the tomatoes, cut off their tops, and coarsely grind them.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan to smoking point and let it cool.
- Add in the garlic, ginger, and green chillies. Saute till it changes color.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.
This post is a part of My Friend Alexa Season 5 with Blogchatter.