Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies
Servings: 12 cookies
Treat yourself to the Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies. Soft and chewy and packed with chocolate chips, these cookies are the perfect after-dinner treat or a midday snack. Try out this easy-to-cook recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp red food coloring
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- In a bowl, sift together all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, cornflour, baking powder, and baking soda. Keep aside.
- In another bowl, cream together the butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg, vanilla essence, and red food coloring. Whisk again until light and fluffy.
- Now add the flour mixture in batches mixing gently bringing it all together. Do not overmix.
- Finally, add half a cup of the chocolate chips and mix well. Refrigerate the cookie dough for an hour so that it is easier to handle.
- Grease the baking tray or line it with parchment paper. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out the dough onto the baking tray at least two inches apart.
- Bake at 180°C or 350°F for 8-9 minutes. Remove from the oven. While it is still warm, add some chocolate chips on top and press down gently. Let the cookies cool for a few minutes on the baking tray before transferring them to a rack. Allow them to cool completely.
- The Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies are ready to enjoy.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Wednesday.