Spicy Mutton Chops
Juicy, succulent chops in a spicy masala. If you think mutton chops are tough to cook, this is the recipe for you. Try this easy to cook recipe loaded with Indian flavors and spices.
- 4 mutton chops
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp curd
- 1 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chillies powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder (jeera)
- 1 tbsp coriander powder (dhania)
Garam masala (coarsely ground)
- 5 cloves
- 5 peppercorns
- 1" piece of cinnamon
- 1 star anise
- 1 black cardamom
- 5 green cardamoms
- For the marinade, in a large bowl, add the ginger garlic paste to the curd
- Add in the salt, red chillies powder, cumin powder, and coriander powder. Mix well.
- Add the mutton chops and mix until they are well coated. Leave it to marinate for an hour or two.
- In a pressure cooker, add the mutton chops with the marinade, finely chopped onions, and the coarsely ground garam masala.
- Add in the rest of the masala from the cooker. Cook them on medium to low heat until the water dries up.
- Mutton chops are ready to serve. Serve them with onion rings and lemon slices.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.
Listen to the Podcast
This post is a part of My Friend Alexa Season 5 with Blogchatter.