Paneer (Cottage Cheese) Bhurji
There is more to Punjabi cuisine than just tandoori chicken. Quick and easy to rustle up, Paneer Bhurji is also a family favorite.
- 200 gms paneer (cottage cheese)
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato finely chopped
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilies powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- Crumb the paneer and keep aside.
- Parboil the peas and keep aside. If using frozen peas, you can use them directly after thawing.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add in the chopped onions and saute until translucent. Add in the tomatoes and peas and cook for a minute.
- Add in the salt, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, and turmeric.
- Add in the paneer next and mix well.
- Cook until done and serve hot.
- If the paneer seems too dry, add in a tablespoon or two of curd.
- The leftover works great as toasties for kids.