Crisp & Buttery Cardamom Cookies
Crispy and buttery cookies infused with the rich flavor of cardamoms. The best of both worlds. Try this easy recipe of melt in mouth cardamom cookies that are a perfect tea-time snack.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp besan (chickpea or gram flour)
- 3 tbsp sooji (semolina)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tsp coarsely ground cardamoms
- Oil for greasing
- To begin, in a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and ghee until it is light and fluffy.
- Add in the all-purpose flour, besan, sooji, baking powder, and 2 tsp coarsely ground cardamoms. Mix and knead into a soft dough. Wrap it in a cling film and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until it is stiff.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Take out the refrigerated cookie dough. Shape it into small balls.
- Grease the baking sheet well with oil.
- Place the dough balls on the sheet. Make sure there is enough space between the balls so that the cookies do not stick.
- Add a pinch of the cardamoms on top of each ball and press it down a bit.
- Bake the cookies at 180°C for 10-15 minutes (depending on the size of the cookies) or until they are cooked.
- Once cooked, remove them from the oven and let them cool on a rack.
- The Cardamom Cookies are ready to serve.
- This recipe would make about 15-20 cookies depending on the size.