Instant Rava Vadas
- 1 cup semolina (sooji or rava)
- 1 cup curd
- 1 tbsp chopped onions
- 1 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ginger finely chopped
- 1 tbsp green coriander finely chopped
- 1 tbsp curry leaves chopped
- 1 tsp green chillies chopped
- 2 pinches baking soda
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix in semolina, curd, cumin, coriander, ginger, chillies, and salt to form a smooth paste. Let it stand for 10-15 minutes so that the semolina can soak up the liquids.
- When ready to cook, add in two pinches of baking soda. Mix in well.
- The consistency should be that of a soft kneaded dough (atta). Add in a bit of water if needed.
- To make the vadas, wet the palm of your hand with water. Take a small ball of the mixture. Put it on the palm and shape it into a vada.
- Fry them on medium heat until golden.
- Serve hot with your favorite chutney.
- Add the chopped onions before soaking the mixture to avoid it getting watery.
- Fry the vadas on medium heat. Frying them on high heat will cause them to be raw in the middle.
- Do not whip the mixture as you would a dal vada. That would cause it to become watery and difficult to handle.
For more such easy to cook recipes, get my cookbook Easy Recipes from Mads’ Cookhouse now available at Amazon. Grab your copy today!