Achari Arbi (Colocasia in Pickle Masala)
Soft arbi pieces in a lip-smacking, spicy achari masala. Arbi or colocasia is the perfect root vegetable for the winters. This easy to cook recipe is sure to appeal to even the pickiest eaters.
- 300 gm arbi (colocasia or taro root)
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1-2 green chillies chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- Oil for deep frying
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds (sarson)
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1/4 tsp nigella seeds (kalonji)
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds (methi dana)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp amchoor (dry mango) powder
- 1 pinch hing (asafoetida)
- Salt to taste
- To begin, boil the arbi with a bit of salt until cooked. Peel and cut it into desired shape.
- Try to purchase arbi pieces of the same size so that they cook evenly.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.