Achari Egg Masala Curry
Servings: 2 people
A spicy and lip-smacking egg curry infused with the flavors of pickle. Achari Egg Masala Curry is another family favorite and is always high in demand. Try this easy to cook recipe.
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds (sarson)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds (methi dana)
- 1/4 tsp nigella seeds (kalonji)
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes finely chopped
- 1-2 chopped green chillies
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp tamarind pulp
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder (jeera)
- 1 tbsp coriander powder (dhania)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- To begin, hard boil the eggs. Peel and make gashes along the length so that the masala can soak in.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan. Saute the eggs until they lightly colorize. This adds extra flavor to the egg curry.
- In the same pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil. Add in the achari masala – mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds, and nigella seeds. Allow them to crackle.
- Add in finely chopped onions and chopped green chillies. Saute until the onions are translucent.
- Add in ginger garlic paste. Saute until the onions colorize. Do not brown.
- Add in finely chopped tomatoes. Mix well. Add the salt. This helps tomatoes cook faster. Cook until the tomatoes soften.
- Now add in the dry masalas – Kashmiri red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, and coriander powder. Mix well.
- Add a bit of water. Add in tomato puree and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook until the oil starts appearing on the sides.
- Next, add in tamarind pulp and mix.
- Now add in the boiled eggs and mix until they are well coated.
- Finally, add garam masala powder. Mix well. Adjust the gravy as per your taste.
- The Achari Egg Masala Curry. Serve hot with puris or parathas.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.