Air Fried Chicken Drumsticks
Who doesn’t love a juicy piece of fried chicken? Now you can make your favorite fried chicken at home. Non-greasy and just as lip-smacking. Air fryers are the healthy alternative that give you the flavor without the inches.Don’t limit yourself to drumsticks. This works just as well with wings and chicken strips. And if you prefer to deep fry, no harm done. Eyeing those roasted potatoes? They are just as easy to cook. Stay tuned.
- 4 pcs chicken drumsticks
- Bread crumbs
- Oil for brushing
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp curd
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chillies
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 1/2 tsp mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- Clean the chicken drumsticks and make gashes so that the marinade can seep in well. This also helps the drumstick cook evenly.
- Mix all the ingredients listed under the marinade list and make a smooth paste.
- Add the chicken to the marinade and mix it well. Leave it aside for at least 90 minutes to marinate. The longer the better.
- When you are ready to cook, preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 180 degrees.
- In the meantime, coat the drumsticks with the breadcrumbs. You don’t need a slurry as the breadcrumbs would stick to the marinade.
- Brush a bit of oil on the breadcrumb covered pieces. You can skip this, but a bit of oil does wonders to the taste and crispness.
- Oil the air fryer grill well and place in the chicken drumsticks.
- Air fry the drumsticks at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot with your favorite dip.
If you don’t have an air fryer, bake it in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees celcius for 15-20 minutes. Turning once after 10 minutes.
For more such easy to cook recipes, download my cookbook Easy Recipes from Mads’ Cookhouse. The book is free to download for a very limited time. Grab your copy today!