Air Fried Roast Chicken
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 tbsp curd
- 3 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp cumin powder (jeera)
- 1 tbsp coriander powder (dhania)
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oil
- To begin, make gashes on the chicken so that marinade can soak in.
- To marinate the chicken, in a large mixing bowl, mix together curd, ginger garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, salt, garam masala powder, lemon juice, and oil. Mix well.
- Add in the chicken and rub in the marinade well. Marinate for at least two hours, preferably overnight.
- Before cooking, pre-heat the air fryer at 180°C for 5 minutes.
- Brush the air fryer grill well with oil. Add in the chicken, breast side down. Baste with half of the remaining marinade on top. Brush it with oil. Cook at 180°C for 12 minutes.
- Turn over the chicken. Baste it with the remaining marinade. Brush it with oil. Cook for another 10-12 minutes at 180°C or until it colorizes and is well done. The time it takes will depend on the size of the chicken and the air fryer. Let it rest for a few minutes.
- The Air Fried Roast Chicken is ready to serve. Serve with pan-roasted root vegetables and lemon slices.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.