Air-Fried Schezwan Chicken Lollipops
Chicken lollipops or drums of heaven coated with a spicy and lip-smacking Schezwan sauce. Try this healthy air fryer version of the popular Indo-Chinese starter is just as easy to make at home.
- 500 gms chicken lollipops
- 1 tbsp oil for brighing
- 2 tbsp schezwan sauce for brushing
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar/white vinegar
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- In a large bowl, marinate the chicken lollipops with ginger garlic paste, apple cider vinegar or you can use white vinegar.
- Grease the air fryer grill well so that the lollipops don’t stick. Add in the chicken lollipops and baste them well with oil. Cook at 180°C for 5 minutes.
- Turn over the lollipops and baste them again with a bit of oil. Cook for another 5 minutes at 180°C or until well done.
- To finish, generously baste them with the Schezwan sauce and cook for another two minutes on both sides.
- Air-fried Schezwan Chicken Lollipops are ready to serve. Serve hot with Schezwan chutney or a dip of your choice.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.