Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken Wings
Servings: 2 people
Chicken wings coated in a flavourful teriyaki glaze. The sticky, sweet, and savory Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken Wings are perfect for an appetizer or a meal. Try out this quick and easy recipe.
- 500 gms chicken wings
For the marinade
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp roasted sesame seeds for garnish
For the Teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 5-6 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp water
- To begin, marinate the chicken wings with ginger garlic paste, light soy sauce, lemon juice, and salt. Mix well and leave it to marinate for at least half an hour.
- In the meantime, prepare the teriyaki sauce. Without turning on the heat, in a pan mix together brown sugar, light soy sauce, finely chopped garlic, minced ginger, vinegar, and sesame oil. Mix well.
- Switch on the heat and bring to a boil. Add in a slurry of 1 tsp cornflour mixed in 2 tbsp water. Cook until the sauce thickens. Remove and keep aside.
- Next, add cornflour and all-purpose flour to the marinated chicken. Mix until the pieces are well coated.
- Before you start cooking, pre-heat the air fryer at 180°C for 5 minutes.
- Grease the air fryer grill well with oil so that the wings don't stick.
- Add in the chicken wings and baste them well with oil. Cook at 180°C for 5 minutes.
- Turn over the wings and baste them again with oil. Cook for another 5 minutes at 180°C.
- To finish, generously baste them with the Teriyaki sauce you prepared earlier and cook for another two minutes on both sides at 180°C.
- The Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken Wings are ready to serve. Garnish with roasted sesame seeds and serve hot with a dip of your choice.
- If you are using dark soy sauce, dilute with equal parts water.
- This recipe requires a thick sauce. You can dilute it with water to a consistency of your choice.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.