Aloo Raita (Potato Raita)
Servings: 2 people
Seasoned creamy curd with boiled potatoes. The Aloo or Potato Raita is a quick and easy side high on flavors. An oil-free recipe perfect for the summer months.
- 2 cups curd
- 2-3 medium potatoes
- 1-2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black salt or kala namak
- 1/8 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp roasted and crushed cumin seeds (bhuna jeera)
- Chopped green coriander leaves for garnish
- To begin, boil potatoes with a bit of salt. Allow them to cool and chop into small pieces. Keep aside.
- In a large bowl, take two cups of curd and beat it well.
- Season it with salt, black salt or kala namak, Kashmiri red chilli powder, and roasted and crushed cumin seeds (bhuna jeera). Mix well.
- Add in the chopped potatoes and chopped green chillies. Mix.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with Kashmiri red chilli powder, roasted cumin seeds, and chopped coriander leaves.
- The Aloo or Potato Raita is ready to serve.
- You can also use unflavored yogurt for this recipe.
- This raita works great for fasts too. Replace the salt with sendha namak.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.