Bajra Til (Pearl Millet & Sesame) Cookies
Servings: 10 cookies
Gluten-free, rich in iron, and packed with nutrients. This is my baked version of the popular bajra ki tikki. The perfect tea-time snack that is great for tiffin boxes too.
- 1 cup bajra (pearl millet) flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ghee or melted butter
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- To begin, in a large bowl, mix together the bajra flour, brown sugar, cardamom powder, 1 tbsp sesame seeds, and baking powder.
- Add in the ghee and knead it into a soft dough. If it is too dry, add in a bit of milk.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or grease it well.
- Shape the cookie dough into balls and press them between your palms. Sprinkle some roasted sesame seeds on top and press them down.
- Bake the cookies at 180°C for 10-15 minutes (depending on the size of the cookies) or until they are cooked. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- The Bajra Til Cookies are ready to serve.
Subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.