Missing out on waffles? You can now re-create them at home with ingredients already in your pantry.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup yogurt
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Oil for brushing
- Mix all the ingredients into a bowl. Add in a bit of milk if required to make a thick batter.
- Heat the waffle iron. Brush it with a bit of oil
- Pour the batter at high heat. Close the waffle iron and turn it so that the batter coats the other side too.
- Reduce flame to medium and let it cook. It generally takes 2-3 minutes depending on the consistency of the batter.
- Remove from fire, move it to a serving dish.
- Top it with powdered sugar and your favorite fruits, a fried egg, or just maple syrup.
- Serve hot.
- To make crispy waffles, use 3/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup cornflour.
- This recipe works great with good old atta (whole wheat flour).
- You can experiment by adding some grated apples or mashed bananas to the mixture.