Chatpate Dhania Aloo (Coriander Potatoes)
Childhood memories. A dish that reminds me of my childhood but is rarely seen anymore. Simple yet delicious, Chatpate Dhania Aloo is the perfect comfort food. Try out my easy-to-cook recipe.
- 4-5 large potatoes
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds (dhania)
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1" piece of ginger finely chopped
- 1-2 chopped green chillies
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder (dhania)
- 2 tsp cumin powder (jeera)
- 2 tsp amchoor (dry mango) powder
- 1 tsp kasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
- 2 tbsp chopped green coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- Boil the potatoes and cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan to the smoking point and let it cool a bit.
- Crush the coriander seeds between the palms of your hand to release their flavor. Add them to the oil.
- When they begin to crackle, add in the chopped ginger and green chillies. Saute for a minute.
- Add in the chopped onions and saute until translucent.
- Next, add the boiled potatoes and mix well.
- Now add in the dry masalas – salt, Kashmiri red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, and amchoor powder. Mix until the potatoes are well coated.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low heat for a few minutes so that the potatoes soak in the masalas.
- Crush the kasoori methi and add it to the potatoes. Mix.
- To finish, add in the coriander leaves. Mix well.
- The Chatpate Dhania Aloo are ready to serve. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
I’m taking my blog to the next level with Blogchatter‘s My Friend Alexa.