Cheesy Potato Rice Balls
Servings: 4 people
Crispy on the outside. Cheesy and creamy on the inside. The Cheesy Potato Rice Balls are a great way to use up leftovers. A kid-friendly snack that is perfect for a mid-day treat or tea-time.
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups leftover boiled rice
- 2 cubes grated cheese (40gms)
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder (jeera)
- 1 tsp coriander powder (dhania)
- 1 tsp amchoor (dry mango) powder
- 4 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup breadcrumbs for coating
- Oil for deep frying
- To begin, in a large bowl, mix together the mashed potatoes, mashed boiled rice, and grated cheese.
- Add in the dry masalas – salt, Kashmiri red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, and amchoor powder.
- Finally, add in the cornflour, all-purpose flour, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Grease your palms with oil so that the mixture does not stick. Shape it into balls of the desired size.
- Roll the balls in the breadcrumbs and dust off the excess. Keep aside.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Add the balls in batches on medium to high heat. Do not overcrowd or the oil will cool down. Deep fry until golden.
- The Cheesy Potato Rice Balls are ready to serve. Enjoy them with a dip of your choice.
Subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.