Chicken Kathi Roll
Juicy and tender chicken pieces in a lip-smacking masala. Wrapped in an easy to go flour bread or roti. Try out this easy to cook recipe that is a family favorite and always in high demand.
- 250 gm boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup finely sliced onions
- 1/2 cup finely sliced ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1-2 chopped green chillies
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp green coriander and mint chutney
- 3 tbsp curd
- 3 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
For the wraps/rotis
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, take the cooked chicken. Add in the finely sliced onions, ginger juliennes, chopped coriander leaves, chopped green chillies, and mix.
- Add the lemon juice, garam masala, and green coriander and mint chutney. Mix well and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions. Roll them out into thin rotis. Cook the rotis on a hot tawa or griddle. Add a bit of oil on both sides for the color. Remove and keep aside.
- Chicken Kathi Rolls are ready to serve. Serve them hot with tomato ketchup or chutney of your choice.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.