Chilli Garlic Prawns
Chilli Garlic Prawns is a perfect appetizer or side. Juicy prawns in a delicious sauce, it will have you reaching out for more. All it takes is 15 minutes to make and works great as a party starter.
- 200 gms shelled and deveined medium prawns
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped onions
- 1 chopped green chilli
- 1 tbsp diced green capisicum
- 1 tbsp Teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Spring onions and sesame seeds for garnish
- Take the prawns in a large bowl. Add in the flour, cornflour, ginger garlic paste, soy sauce, and egg. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan. Drop in the prawns one at a time and fry till golden. Remove from oil and place them on a paper towel to drain. Keep them aside.
- Now for the sauce, take 2 tbsp of oil in a pan. You can use the oil in which you fried the prawns.
- Add in the chopped garlic and chopped ginger. Saute.
- Add in the chopped onions, chopped green chillies, and diced capsicum.
- Mix well, Do not burn the onions. Cook them until they are translucent. You can add a bit of water if required.
- Add in Teriyaki sauce, chilli sauce, and vinegar. Mix well.
- Make a slurry of 1 tbsp cornflour with 1 tbsp water. Add it to the sauce and cook until you get a coating consistency.
- Add in the fried prawns. Mix well so that the prawns are well coated. Adjust the salt if needed.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped spring onion greens and sesame seeds.
- Make them as spicy as you want by adding chillies to the sauce.
- This recipe works great with boneless chicken as well.
For more such easy to cook recipes, get my cookbook Easy Recipes from Mads’ Cookhouse now available at Amazon. Grab your copy today!