Chilli Garlic Prawns
Chilli Garlic Prawns is a perfect appetizer or side. Juicy prawns in a delicious sauce, it will have you reaching out for more. All it takes is 15 minutes to make and works great as a party starter.
- 200 gms shelled and deveined medium prawns
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped onions
- 1 chopped green chilli
- 1 tbsp diced green capisicum
- 1 tbsp Teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Spring onions and sesame seeds for garnish
- Take the prawns in a large bowl. Add in the flour, cornflour, ginger garlic paste, soy sauce, and egg. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan. Drop in the prawns one at a time and fry till golden. Remove from oil and place them on a paper towel to drain. Keep them aside.
- Now for the sauce, take 2 tbsp of oil in a pan. You can use the oil in which you fried the prawns.
- Add in the chopped garlic and chopped ginger. Saute.
- Add in the chopped onions, chopped green chillies, and diced capsicum.
- Mix well, Do not burn the onions. Cook them until they are translucent. You can add a bit of water if required.
- Add in Teriyaki sauce, chilli sauce, and vinegar. Mix well.
- Make a slurry of 1 tbsp cornflour with 1 tbsp water. Add it to the sauce and cook until you get a coating consistency.
- Add in the fried prawns. Mix well so that the prawns are well coated. Adjust the salt if needed.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped spring onion greens and sesame seeds.
- Make them as spicy as you want by adding chillies to the sauce.
- This recipe works great with boneless chicken as well.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.