Chunky Strawberry Jam (No Pectin)
Servings: 1.5 cups
Kids love the Chunky Strawberry Jam. Try this easy-to-cook recipe of a family favorite. No pectin. No preservatives. No added colors or flavors. Just wholesome delicious goodness.
- 4 cups fresh strawberries (about 500 gms)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (about 225 gms)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- To begin, wash, wipe dry, and cut the strawberries into halves or quarters depending on the size.
- Take a large saucepan. Add in the strawberries and sugar. Mix well. Cook on medium to low heat until the sugar melts and the strawberries soften.
- Using a masher, mash down the strawberries depending on how chunky you want the jam.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Once the jam has thickened and reduced, test if it is cooked. Using the food thermometer, it should be 105°C or 220°F. If you do not have a thermometer available, try the plate test. Spoon a bit of jam on a plate and tilt it. It should not be runny.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Wednesday.