Cinnamon Carrot Muffins
Servings: 4 people
Moist and delicious, the cinnamon carrot muffins are a healthy treat packed with nutrients. Enjoyed by kids and adults alike. Great as a snack or in tiffin boxes.
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- To begin, sift the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to incorporate air. Keep aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add in the powdered sugar gradually as you continue whisking the eggs.
- Next, add in the oil and cinnamon powder. Mix.
- Gently fold in the flour in batches so that it forms a smooth batter. Add in a bit of milk if required.
- Finally, add in the grated carrots and mix.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Grease the muffin molds and pour in the batter up to 3/4 levels. Tap once to remove air bubbles.
- Bake at 180°C for 10-15 minutes. The baking time varies based on the oven and the size of the muffin moulds.
- Check with a toothpick if the muffins are done. Move them to a rack. Allow them to cool completely before you de-mould.
- The Cinnamon Carrot Muffins are ready to serve.