Cream of Mushroom Soup
Winters are here, and there is nothing more hearty than a bowl of hot soup. Instead of reaching for a packaged one, try out this recipe that is just as easy to make at home.
- 200 gms button mushrooms
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/8 tsp crushed black pepper
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Add in the stock. Bring to a simmer. Add in a slurry of cornflour mixed in 2 tbsp of water. You can also use cooled stock to make the slurry.
- Once it begins to thicken, add in the cream. Keep it on simmer, do not boil the soup.
- Add in the black pepper and the lemon juice. Make sure you don’t boil the soup after adding the lemon juice or it might curdle.
- The cream of mushroom soup is ready to serve. Garnish with a swirl of cream and crushed black pepper.
- If you don’t have vegetable stock readily available, dissolve two cubes of Maggi Super Seasoning in 2 cups of water.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.