Crispy Onion Bread Kachori
Servings: 6 kachoris
Give the good old kachori a twist with the delicious Crispy Onion Bread Kachori. Crispy outer layer with a flavorful and lip-smacking onion filling. Try out this quick and easy recipe.
- 6 slices white bread
- Oil for deep frying
For the stuffing
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 tsp crushed coriander seeds (dhania)
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1-2 finely chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder (dhania)
- 1/2 tsp amchoor powder (ground mango powder)
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp gram flour (besan)
- 2 tbsp chopped green coriander leaves
- To begin, prepare the stuffing. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds (jeera), crushed coriander seeds (dhania), fennel seeds (saunf), and asafoetida (hing). Allow them to crackle.
- Next, add in chopped onions, finely chopped green chillies and ginger. Saute until the onions are translucent.
- Now add in the dry masalas – salt, Kashmiri red chilli powder, turmeric powder (haldi), coriander powder, amchoor (dry mango) powder, and garam masala powder. Saute for a minute.
- Add in gram flour (besan) and saute until you can smell the nutty aroma.
- Turn off the heat. Add in chopped green coriander leaves. Mix well. Transfer to a bowl and allow it to cool completely.
- Take white bread slices. Remove the edges. Dip each slice in water and press gently to remove excess water.
- Place the slice on a flat surface. Add a tablespoon of the stuffing. Bring in the edges and shape into a kachori. Prepare the other kachoris similarly.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Add in the kachoris in batches knotted side down on medium to low heat. Allow them to reach the surface before flipping them over. Fry until golden.
- The Crispy Onion Bread Kachoris are ready to serve. Serve with fried green chillies and chutneys of your choice.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every week.