Dahi Tadka (Tempered Raita)
No Indian meal is complete without raita. Today I share a secret recipe of mine, Dahi Tadka, that is always high in demand. A perfect accompaniment for lunch or dinner.
- 2 cups curd
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 small tomato finely chopped
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2" piece of ginger finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder (jeera)
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Chopper cordiander for garnish.
For the tadka (tempering)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- Prepare the raita by adding the onions, tomatoes, green chillies, and ginger to well beaten curd.
- Season it with salt, cumin powder, and red chilli powder.
- For the tempering, heat oil in a tempering pan.
- Add the mustard seeds and let them crackle. Add in the curry leaves.
- Add the turmeric powder and pour it over the raita. Make sure you don't burn the turmeric.
- The dahi tadka is ready to serve. Garnish it with chopped coriander.
Subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.
This post is a part of My Friend Alexa Season 5 with Blogchatter.