Dahi Tadka (Tempered Raita)
No Indian meal is complete without raita. Today I share a secret recipe of mine, Dahi Tadka, that is always high in demand. A perfect accompaniment for lunch or dinner.
- 2 cups curd
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 small tomato finely chopped
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2" piece of ginger finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder (jeera)
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Chopper cordiander for garnish.
For the tadka (tempering)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- Prepare the raita by adding the onions, tomatoes, green chillies, and ginger to well beaten curd.
- Season it with salt, cumin powder, and red chilli powder.
- For the tempering, heat oil in a tempering pan.
- Add the mustard seeds and let them crackle. Add in the curry leaves.
- Add the turmeric powder and pour it over the raita. Make sure you don't burn the turmeric.
- The dahi tadka is ready to serve. Garnish it with chopped coriander.
Subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.
This post is a part of My Friend Alexa Season 5 with Blogchatter.
October 24, 2020 @ 12:14 pm
This is so tempting Aunty! Amidst the festivities, this is one tasty and simple recipe to try out. Thankyou for sharing this.
October 30, 2020 @ 3:04 pm
Thank you so much Beta. Do try it out. 😊
October 24, 2020 @ 5:45 pm
That is so easy and tasty raita to relish with stuffed parata
October 30, 2020 @ 3:01 pm
Thank you so much Sivaranjini 😊
October 25, 2020 @ 2:45 pm
Look so tempting, I will love to try it in our next dinner party.
October 30, 2020 @ 2:57 pm
Thank you Gurjeet. Do try it out. 😊
Sindhu Vinod Narayan
October 25, 2020 @ 4:06 pm
Sounds simple and easy to make. Definitely trying this out sooner #tmmreads
October 30, 2020 @ 2:46 pm
Thank you Sindhu. Do try it out. 😊
October 25, 2020 @ 4:33 pm
This is something different than a traditional raita. Let me try this out. This is super simple. Thanks for sharing 😊
October 30, 2020 @ 2:37 pm
Thank you Shamik. Do try it out 😊
October 25, 2020 @ 11:45 pm
This tempered raita is my favourite… I love it soo much.. it enhances food taste to next level
October 30, 2020 @ 2:40 pm
Thank you so much Yogita😊
October 26, 2020 @ 12:08 am
Your photos are so tempting
October 28, 2020 @ 10:53 am
Thank you Sayali😊