Dhaba Style Paneer Bhurji
Servings: 2 people
Buttery soft crumbled paneer in a rich, lip-smacking gravy. The Dhaba Style Paneer Bhurji is just as easy to make at home. This street style version of the classic paneer dish works perfectly for special occasions too.
- 200 gms paneer (cottage cheese)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 2-3 chopped green chillies
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp cumin powder (jeera)
- 1 tsp coriander powder (dhania)
- 1 tbsp gram flour (besan)
- 2 medium tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp crushed kasoori methi (fenugreek leaves)
- 2 tbsp chopped green coriander leaves
- To begin, heat oil and butter in a pan.
- Once the butter melts, add in finely chopped onions and green chillies. Saute until translucent.
- Add in ginger garlic paste. Mix well and saute for a minute or two.
- Add in the dry masalas – salt, Kashmiri red chilli powder, turmeric powder (haldi), cumin powder (jeera), and coriander powder (dhania). Mix.
- Now add in gram flour (besan) and cook on low heat until aromatic. This gives a good texture to the gravy.
- Next, add finely chopped tomatoes. Cook until they soften and oil starts appearing on the sides.
- Add some water and adjust the gravy as per your taste.
- Add crumbled paneer and mix well. Let it simmer for a few minutes. Make sure not to overcook or the paneer will be chewy.
- Finally, add garam masala powder, crushed kasoori methi, and chopped green coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Check the salt and add more if required.
- The Dhaba Style Paneer Bhurji is ready to serve. Enjoy with paranthas or naans.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.