Dum Chicken Leg Roast
- 2 full chicken legs (thigh and drumstick)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- Chat masala for garnish
- Lemon slices for garnish
- 3 tbsp curd
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
Garam masala (coarsely ground)
- 5 cloves
- 5 peppercorns
- 1" piece of cinnamon
- 1 star anise
- 1 black cardamom
- 5 green cardamoms
- Prepare the chicken by making gashes on the flesh so that mariande can soak in.
- Now prepare the marinade by mixing the curd and the ginger garlic paste.
- Add in red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, salt, and the coarsely ground garam masala. Mix well.
- Before cooking, wipe off the marinade from the chicken. Do not throw away the marinade.
- You can also use aluminum foil just beneath the lid for the dum
Subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.
This post is a part of My Friend Alexa Season 5 with Blogchatter.