Easy Orange Chicken
Crisp and succulent chicken pieces coated with a delicious orange sauce. The sweet and savory Orange Chicken is a quick and easy recipe that will have you licking your fingers.
- 500 gm boneless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Oil for deep frying
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 1 tsp spring onion greens for garnish
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds for garnish
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
For the sauce
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornflour
- To prepare the sauce – mix the orange juice, vinegar, light soy sauce, honey, and chilli flakes in a large bowl.
- Heat 2 tbsp of sesame oil in a pan. Add the finely chopped ginger and garlic and saute until translucent. Do not brown.
- Add in the sauce mix and boil it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the fried chicken pieces and mix until well coated. Add a bit of water as required if you find the consistency too thick.
- The Orange Chicken is ready to serve. Garnish with chopped spring onion greens and sesame seeds.
- If you are using fresh orange juice, add a cup of sugar to the sauce mix.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.