Easy Whole Wheat Quesadilla
There is nothing quite as easy to make as a Quesadilla. With lots of options, it is perfect as an evening snack for kids or a meal in itself.
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (thin rotis will do just fine)
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 bowl bell peppers diced
- 3-4 sliced button mushrooms
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- Grated cheese (cheddar or mozzarella)
- 1 tsp Mexican seasoning (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for brushing
- Mix the vegetables in a bowl. Add in salt, red chilli flakes, and the Mexican seasoning. Mix it well.
- Take a skillet or a tawa (ideally non stick). Place the tortilla on the pan. Spread on the vegetable mixture generously. Top it off with the cheese of your choice.
- Cover it with the other tortilla and press down.
- Now very carefully, turn it over. I would suggest removing it to a plate. Cover it with another plate and turn it over. Now slide it back on the skillet.
- Cook on medium heat until golden and crisp.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
- You can experiment with different fillings (spinach, beans, meats, or even eggs).
- The tortillas can also be folded over to a ‘D’ shape.