Eggless Apple Cake
Servings: 4 people
Moist and delicious cake packed with the goodness of apples. The Eggless Apple Cake is a hit with kids and adults alike. An easy recipe for the popular tea time cake.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup apple puree (2-3 apples)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 150 gms melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients – wheat flour, all-purpose flour, powdered sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon powder. Keep aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the wet ingredients – apple puree, melted butter, and milk. Whisk well.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients in batches to form a smooth batter.
- Add in a tablespoon of oil and mix well.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Line the baking tin with parchment paper. Make sure the parchment paper on the sides is at least three-inch high so that the risen cake does not overflow.
- Pour in the batter and tap a few times so that the batter settles down.
- Bake the cake at 180°C for 30-35 minutes. Check with a toothpick if the cake is cooked. Move it to a rack and allow it to cool completely.
- Remove to a plate. Dust with sugar. The Eggless Apple Cake is ready to serve.