Eggless Gnocchi in Herb & Cheese Sauce
Tired of eating the same old pasta? Try out the light and fluffy gnocchi in a delectable herb and cheese sauce. These Italian potato dumplings are just as easy to make at home.
For the gnocchi
- 250 gms boiled and grated potatoes (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
For the sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 4 tbsp grated cheese
- To begin, prepare the gnocchi dough. In a large bowl, mix together potatoes, salt, black pepper powder, oil, and all-purpose flour. Bring it together to form a dough but don't knead it too much.
- Roll it into a long tube and cut it into 1-inch pieces. Shape the gnocchi as per your choice. Check out the video below.
- Bring water to a rolling boil. Season it with a bit of salt. Add in the gnocchi and allow them to rise to the top. It would take 2-3 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp butter in a pan.
- Add in finely chopped garlic and saute for a minute.
- Next, add finely chopped onions and saute until translucent.
- Drain the gnocchi and add it to the sauce. Keep the water for further use. Mix well.
- Add in the Italian seasoning and red chilli flakes. Mix well.
- Add a quarter cup of the water you boiled the gnocchi in. Mix.
- Finally, add in the grated cheese of your choice and cook until it melts. You can add a bit of the gnocchi water if required.
- The Eggless Gnocchi in Herb & Cheese Sauce is ready to serve. Serve hot with toasted bread.
- Gnocchis freeze well. Do not boil them. Instead spread them out on parchment paper and freeze. To use, do not thaw. Just boil them directly following instruction step #3.
- You can use any herb or sauce of your choice
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.
I’m taking my blog to the next level with Blogchatter‘s My Friend Alexa.