Eggless Mango Semolina Muffins (Steamed)
Servings: 12 muffins
Moist, light, and delicious with the flavors of summer. The steamed Eggless Mango Semolina Muffins are easy to make and ready in minutes. Perfect for a quick and healthy snack and tiffin boxes too.
- 1 1/2 cups semolina (sooji or rava)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1 cup mango pulp
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- desiccated coconut for topping
- To begin, in a large bowl, mix together curd and milk till well blended.
- Add oil and mix well.
- Now add in mango pulp. Mix.
- Add powdered sugar. Mix well.
- Next, add semolina and mix until it forms a smooth batter.
- Finally, add baking powder and baking soda. Mix.
- In the meantime prepare the steamer.
- Spoon the mixture into muffin moulds up until ¾. Steam the muffins on high heat for 10 minutes. Once done, check with a toothpick. It should come out clean.
- Remove from muffins from the steamer and allow them to cool before you demould.
- Dust with desiccated coconut or powdered sugar.
- The Eggless Mango Semolina Muffins are ready to enjoy.
- You can top the muffins with chopped nuts before steaming. I haven’t used them since my kitchen is a nut-free kitchen.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.