Eggless Masala Cheese Omelette
It looks like an omelette. It tastes like an omelette. But it is not an egg omelette. Try out this unique yet easy recipe of a fluffy eggless omelette that is sure going to be popular among your family and friends.
- 1/2 cup besan (chickpea flour or gram flour)
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onions
- 2 tbsp finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1-2 green chillies chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped button mushrooms
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 1/4 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp Eno fruit salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- To begin, in a large bowl, add gram flour (besan), all-purpose flour, fresh bread crumbs, and milk. Mix well until smooth. Keep aside for at least 10 to 15 minutes
- Keeping the flame on low heat, pour the mixture into the pan. Cover with a lid
- Once it is lightly cooked from the edges, add in the cheese and coriander leaves one one-half of the omelette. Cover with a lid for a minute
- Now fold it over. Cook for another minute or two or until cooked. Make sure the flame is always on a low.
- The Eggless Masala Cheese Omelette is ready to serve. Serve it with grilled tomatoes and toasted bread.
- If Eno fruit salt is not available, you can 1 tsp of baking powder and 1/2 tsp of baking soda instead.
- You can experiment with different stuffings of your choice.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.