Eggless Millet Cookies
Servings: 10 cookies
Crisp on the outside. Soft and chewy on the inside. The Eggless Millet Cookies are the perfect sweet treat for a health-conscious family. No egg, no maida, no white sugar. A healthier alternative to conventional cookies.
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 75 gms butter
- 1/2 cup jaggery powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp chilled milk
- Sift together millet flour, whole wheat flour, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add in chilled butter cut into small pieces. Rub in the butter to get a breadcrumb texture.
- Next, add in the powdered jaggery and mix well.
- Add in vanilla essence and a little chilled milk, just enough to knead the dough. Cover the dough and refrigerate for at least half an hour. Or in the freezer for 5 minutes if you are in a rush.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and roll them into balls. Press down a bit. Grease the baking tray or line it with parchment paper. Place the cookie dough at least an inch apart. Press down with a fork.
- Bake at 180°C or 350°F for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. The baking time varies based on the oven.
- Once done, move them to a rack until they are completely cooled down and crisp. The Eggless Millet Cookies are ready to enjoy.
- I have used pearl millet (bajra) for this recipe. You can use the millet flour of your choice.
- You can use powdered sugar instead of jaggery. Adjust the sweetness as per your taste.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every week.