Eggless Savory Vermicelli Waffles
Servings: 2 people
Start your day right with a delicious and filling breakfast. Try out the Eggless Savory Vermicelli Waffles that are loaded with veggies and flavored with Indian spices. Works great for tiffin boxes too.
- 1/2 cup roasted vermicelli
- 1/2 cup rava or semolina
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1-2 chopped green chillies
- 1" piece of ginger finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup diced green capsicum
- 1/4 cup parboiled green peas
- 1/4 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder (jeera)
- 1 tbsp coriander powder (dhania)
- 1 tbsp amchoor (dry mango) powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- In another bowl, mix together the rava, curd, and water. Leave aside for at least 10 minutes to allow the rava to soak in the liquids.
- In the meantime, pre-heat the waffle iron. I am using a stove top one but you can use the electric waffle maker as well.
- You can use any vegetables of your choice for the waffles.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Wednesday.