Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake
Moist and delicious cake speckled with the colors of the rainbow. The Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake is a hit with kids and adults alike. An easy recipe for the popular tea time cake.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup curd
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup mixed candied fruit (tutti frutti)
- In a large bowl, mix together the curd, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix well and keep aside for about 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix the tutti frutti with a tablespoon of all-purpose flour until it is well coated. This ensures that the tutti frutti doesn’t settle to the bottom of the cake. Keep aside.
- Sift the flour twice to incorporate air.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven at 170°C.
- Add the oil, vanilla essence, and salt to the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Gently fold in the flour in batches so that it forms a smooth batter.
- Finally, add in the tutti frutti and mix well.
- Line the baking tin with parchment paper. Pour in the batter and tap a few times so that the batter settles down.
- Bake the cake at 170°C for 40-50 minutes. The cooking time varies depending on the oven.
- Check if the cake is cooked. Move it to a rack and allow it to cool completely before demoulding.
- Remove to a serving dish and slice it as desired. The Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake is ready to serve.
- You can use candied fruits of your choice for this recipe.