Falahari Khatta Meetha Kaddu (Sweet & Spicy Pumpkin)
Servings: 2 people
Sweet, sour, and spicy. Falahari Khatta Meetha Kaddu is a perfect dish for Navratri. Ready in minutes, the kaddu ki sabji is easy to make and enjoy if you are fasting too.
- 500 gms pumpkin
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1-2 chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp sendha namak (rock salt)
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder (jeera)
- 1 tsp amchoor (dry mango) powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- chopped green coriander leaves for garnish
- Clean and cut the pumpkin into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds (jeera) and allow them to crackle.
- Add in the pumpkin pieces along with chopped green chillies. Mix well.
- Now add in the dry masalas – sendha namak (rock salt), Kashmiri red chilli powder, and cumin powder (jeera). Mix well.
- Add a bit of water, cover with a lid and cook on low heat until the pumpkin is cooked.
- Finally, add amchoor (dry mango) powder and sugar. Mix well and cook on low heat or the sugar will caramelize.
- The Falahari Khatta Meetha Kaddu is ready to serve. Garnish with chopped green coriander leaves.
Subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.