Garlic Chilli Paneer
Servings: 4 people
Soft paneer pieces coated in a lip-smacking sauce. Garlic Chilli Paneer is a quick and delicious fusion Indo-Chinese recipe that will have you reaching out for more. Works great as an appetizer or a side.
- 200 gms paneer (cottage cheese) cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced bell peppers (red, yellow, and green)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- spring onion greens for garnish
- Oil for deep frying
For the marinade
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp light Soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
For the sauce
- 1 tbsp light Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 8-10 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- To begin, cut the paneer into bite-sized pieces. Marinate it with ginger garlic paste, light soy sauce, salt, and red chilli powder. Mix well and keep aside.
- Mix together all-purpose flour and cornflour for dredging in a large plate. Add in the marinated paneer and mix until well-coated. Dust off the excess flour.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Fry the paneer pieces until golden. Remove and keep aside.
- For the sauce, in a bowl mix together light soy sauce, vinegar, chilli sauce, tomato puree, tomato sauce, red chilli powder, sugar, and water. Mix until the sugar dissolves.
- Heat 2 tbsp of sesame oil in a pan. Add finely chopped garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add in the diced onions and bell peppers. Cook for a minute or two.
- Add in the sauce mix and cook it for 2-3 minutes. Make a slurry of 1 tsp cornflour with 2 tbsp of water. Add it to the sauce and cook until it thickens.
- Finally, add in the fried paneer pieces and mix until well coated. Add a bit of water if needed. Check the salt and add more if required.
- The Garlic Chilli Paneer is ready to serve. Garnish with sesame seeds and spring onion greens.
Subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.