Gluten-Free Besan (Chickpea Flour) Waffles
Besan chilla as a waffle? Why not! The perfect fusion food. Try this gluten-free, spicy chickpea flour or besan waffle with delicious Indian spices cooked to perfection.
- 1 cup besan (chickpea flour or gram flour)
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1-2 green chillies chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green coriander
- 1 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 tsp cumin powder (jeera)
- 1 tsp coriander powder (dhania)
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tsp amchoor (dry mango) powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 pinch hing (asafoetida)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Salt to taste
- Oil for brushing
- In a large bowl, add the besan or chickpea flour, ginger garlic paste, chopped green chillies, chopped onions, and chopped ginger.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.