Gobhi (Cauliflower) Manchurian
Looking for a vegetarian accompaniment to your fried rice? Gobhi (cauliflower) manchurian is quick and easy and ready in minutes. It works best with cauliflower rice (recipe coming soon).
- 250 gms cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp flour (maida)
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp Light Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Teriyaki sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp chili sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 bowl red, green and yellow bell peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium tomato
- 8-10 cloves garlic
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Parboil the cauliflower florets with a bit of salt.
- Make a slurry with flour, cornflour, and water. Add a bit of salt to taste.
- Dip the florets in the slurry, coat them well and deep fry.
- Add in diced onions, tomatoes, and bell peppers.
- Cook for a minute. Add in the sauces.
- Add in the fried florets.
- Mix 1 tsp of cornflour in water and add it to the mixture. Mix until evenly coated.
- Serve hot.