Gobi 65 (Cauliflower 65) Fry
Crispy, crunchy, and absolutely lip-smacking, Gobi 65 is a popular starter from southern India. Ready in minutes, try out this quick and easy-to-cook recipe of an all-time favorite appetizer.
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 3 sprigs curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- 3 green chillies
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- To begin, blanch the cauliflower. Take the cauliflower florets in a large bowl. Pour about 3 cups of boiling hot water over the florets until they are well covered.
- Add a tsp of salt and keep aside for 8-10 minutes. Once the florets are blanched, drain them and keep aside.
- In another bowl, add in the all-purpose flour, cornflour, rice flour, and ginger garlic paste.
- Add in the garam masala, Kashmiri red chilli powder, salt, and finely chopped curry leaves.
- Now add in the florets and mix. Add in enough water and mix until the batter coats the florets. Check the salt and add more if required.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Fry the cauliflower in batches until they are golden and crisp.
- The Cauliflower or Gobhi 65 is ready to serve. Garnish with de-seeded, slit and fried green chillies and fried curry leaves.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.
March 6, 2021 @ 4:44 pm
why it is called cauliflower 65? look delicious
March 10, 2021 @ 10:00 am
Thank you 🙂 It is a vegetarian version of the Chicken 65. There are a lot of stories surrounding it. Some say the original recipe has 65 chillies and another version is that it was item number 65 on the menu.
March 10, 2021 @ 9:59 am
It is a vegetarian version of the Chicken 65. There are a lot of a stories surrounding it. Some say the original recipet has 65 chillies and another version is that it was item number 65 on the menu.