Grilled Fried Chicken Sandwich
Servings: 2 people
Crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside. Easy and delicious, the Grilled Fried Chicken Sandwich is a meal in itself and works perfectly for breakfast or brunch.
- 250 gms chicken breast
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 slices onions
- 8-10 slices tomatoes
- 8-10 slices cucumber
- 2 tbsp mustard sauce
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- Herb of your choice
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
For the marination
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder (jeera)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- To begin, butterfly the chicken breast into two equal parts. Pound the chicken pieces with a mallet so that it tenderises and cooks evenly.
- In a large bowl, marinate the chicken with ginger garlic paste, salt, red chilli powder,cumin powder, and lemon juice. Mix well and leave to marinate for at least half an hour.
- Sprinkle some salt on the tomato, cucumber, and onion slices. Keep aside.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a pan. In the meantime, generously coat the chicken fillets with breadcrumbs and dust off the excess. Deep fry the fillets until cooked and golden brown.
- Spread the butter generously on both the sides of the bread slices.
- To assemble, start with a layer of cucumber. Next add a layer of tomatoes. Sprinkle with some herbs of your choice.
- Next, add the chicken fillet. Top with mustard sauce or any sauce of your choice. Finally, add a layer of onions before topping it with the other slice.
- Grill the sandwich until the bread is toasted. Slice the sandwich into two.
- The Grilled Fried Chicken Sandwich is ready to serve. Serve it with French fries and a dip of your choice.