Grilled Paneer Tikkas
Servings: 2 people
Paneer Tikkas! Need I say more! Pillowy soft paneer pieces coated in a lip-smacking tandoori masala. Pan grilled to perfection. Try out my easy recipe for the immensely popular paneer tikkas.
- 400 gms paneer
- 1 large onion
- 1 large tomato
- 1 large tomato
For the marinade
- 5 tbsp hung curd
- 3 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp black salt or kala namak
- 1 tbsp cumin powder (jeera)
- 1 tbsp coriander powder (dhania)
- 1 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 tbsp gram flour (besan)
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
Garam masala (for the marinade)
- 6 cloves
- 10 peppercorns
- 1" piece of cinnamon
- 1 black cardamom
- 5 green cardamoms
- 1 star anise
- 1/2 tsp chat masala
- 1 lemon
- 1 sliced onion
- To begin, cube the paneer into desired tikka size pieces. Dice the onion, tomato, and capsicum to match the size of the paneer cubes.
- For the marinade, in a large bowl, mix together hung curd, ginger garlic paste, kala namak, Kashmiri red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, crushed carom seeds, crushed kasoori methi, coarsely ground garam masala, gram flour, and lemon juice.
- Heat mustard oil to the smoking point and add it to the marinade. Mix well.
- Add in the vegetables first. Mix well. Next, add in the paneer pieces and mix until well coated. If you add in the paneer pieces first, they may crumble. Leave aside for atleast half an hour.
- To assemble, thread the tikkas on a skewer alternating between the paneer cubes and the vegetables.
- Grease the grill pan well with oil. Place the skewers and grill on all four sides until they colorize. Baste with a bit of oil for added flavor.
- The Grilled Paneer Tikkas are ready to serve. Sprinkle a bit of chat masala on top and serve with mint chutney, onion rings, and lemon slices.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.
January 6, 2022 @ 8:55 pm
January 7, 2022 @ 6:05 am
Thank you 😊