Gulab Jamun Yule Logs (Sugar Free)
Servings: 2 people
Two classic dessert recipes come together in the Sugar-Free Gulab Jamun Yule Logs. Try out this sugar free fusion recipe of the classic Christmas dessert.
For the gulab jamuns
- 1 cup milk powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Water for kneading
For the sugar-free syrup
- 2 cups artificial sweetener (Sugar Free Natura Cook and Bake)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp cornflour
- Juice of one small lemon
- Oil for deep frying
For the grass
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- A few drops of green food coloring
- To begin, mix together milk powder, all purpose flour, oil, and baking soda in a large bowl. Knead it using about 1/4 cup of water. Add more if required. Make sure it is not too soft. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the sugar-free syrup. Mix together the artificial sweetener, water, and cornflour. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Bring it to a boil. Add in the juice of one lemon and boil for about 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- To prepare the grass, add a few drops of green food coloring in half a cup of desiccated coconut. Mix well and keep aside.
- Once the dough is well rested, roughly shape it into logs. Heat oil for deep frying. Add in the logs on medium to low heat. Do not move them until they rise to the top. Deep fry until brown in color.
- Add them to the warm syrup and spoon the liquid over the log. I made sure the quantity of syrup is less so that they don't disintegrate.
- Now arrange the logs on a serving dish placing them on a bed of the green coconut. Dust some sugar on top and place a few glazed cherries on the side.
- The Sugar Free Gulab Jamun Yule Logs are ready to serve.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.