Homemade English Mustard
Pungent and spicy, English Mustard is quite versatile – condiment, salad dressing, or to use in your bakes. This is my take on the classic recipe that is easy to make at home.
- 1/4 cup black mustard seeds
- 3/4 cup yellow mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 2 tsp honey
- Soak the mustard seeds in vinegar overnight. The vinegar should cover the mustard seeds. You can add water if required.
- Blend the mustard seeds into a smooth paste adding enough water.
- Remove to a bowl. Add in the salt and honey. Mix well.
- The English Mustard is ready to use. It would be a bit pungent to begin with. Allow it to rest for at least two days before using.
You can vary the ratio of the black and yellow mustard seeds depending on how pungent you want it. The more the black mustard seeds, the more pungent it would be. If you like a yellow version, you can add turmeric powder. But I prefer the rustic version one.
December 26, 2022 @ 10:16 am
Thank you this will be cheaper than buying the expensive jars……. I coat my roast with it and it’s yummy 😋
December 27, 2022 @ 4:56 pm
Thank you so much. Do try it out 😊