Hot and Sour Soup
Craving a bowl of soup? Do you always order it in or reach for a packaged one? Try out this easy recipe instead.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- 1″ ginger
- 2 green chillies
- 5-6 French beans
- 1/2 capsicum
- 1 carrot
- 2-3 button mushrooms
- 2-3 leaves of cabbage
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chili sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add in finely chopped ginger and garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add in the finely chopped vegetables with the chilies and cook until they soften a bit (around 2 minutes).
- Add in 4 cups of stock and bring to a boil.
- Next, add in the pepper powder and sugar.
- Add in the sauces. Boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Make a slurry of cornflour with 1/4 cup of water and add it to the soup.
- Boil the soup until it thickens stirring occasionally.
- Check the salt and add more if required. Top it with spring onions and serve hot.
- If you do not have stock available, replace it with stock cubes or Maggi Super Seasoning (1 cube for every 2 cups).
- You can add cold cuts or meats of your choice.