Instant Moong Dal Mangode
Servings: 2 people
Crispy, crunchy, and delicious, Moong Dal Mangode is a popular Indian street food. The vegan-friendly, gluten-free snack is packed with flavor and nutrition, and ready in minutes.
- 1 1/2 cups powdered moong dal
- Water as required
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2-3 green chillies finely chopped
- 1" piece of ginger finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tsp amchoor (dry mango) powder
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf) crushed
- 1 tsp coriander seeds (dhania) crushed
- 1/4 tsp hing (asafoetida)
- 1/2 cup chopped green coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Oil for deep frying
- To begin, mix the powdered moong dal with about a cup of water to form a smooth and thick batter.
- Add in the onions, green chillies, and ginger.
- Next add the dry masalas – salt, Kashmiri red chilli powder, amchoor powder, hing, crushed coriander seeds, and crushed fennel seeds. Mix and whip it well.
- Add the chopped green coriander leaves with the baking powder and mix. In the meantime, heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Deep fry the mangode in batches on medium heat until golden and crisp.
- The Instant Moong Dal Mangode are ready to enjoy. Serve them with your favourite chutney.
- You can also prepare the mangode with regular moong dal. Soak for a few hours and coarsely grind it.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every week.