Instant Rava (Semolina) Idli
- 1 cup semolina (sooji or rava)
- 1 cup curd
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp Eno fruit salt or 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Salt to taste
- Oil for brushing
- Dry roast the semolina till it is aromatic. Remove from fire and allow it to cool.
- Mix in semolina, curd, water, and salt to form a smooth paste. Let it stand for a minimum of 10 minutes so that the semolina can soak in the liquids.
- When ready to cook, add in 1 tsp of Eno fruit salt. Mix well stirring in one direction only.
- Fill in the water into the microwavable idli maker/ steamer to the desired level making sure it does not touch the idli mould.
- Grease the idli mould. Pour in the idli batter uptil three-fourths. This ensures that the idlis have space to rise.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes. Let it stand for 5 minutes before removing it from the microwave.
- Demould the idlis and serve them hot with your favorite chutneys.
- If using a regular steamer, cook for 10-15 minutes until the idlis are cooked.
For more such easy to cook recipes, download my cookbook Easy Recipes from Mads’ Cookhouse. The book is free to download for a very limited time. Grab your copy today!