Labneh (Yogurt Cream Cheese Dip)
Servings: 4 people
Labneh is a thick and creamy Middle Eastern dip flavored with herbs and spices. Using three basic ingredients and a host of topping options, this versatile dip is easy to make.
- 400 gms yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp za'atar
- Mint leaves and chilli flakes for topping
- To begin, mix the yogurt with salt.
- Spoon the mixture onto a cheesecloth or muslin cloth. Bring together the edges and tie them around a wooden spoon. Place into a bowl so that it hangs a few inches above the btoom of the bowl.
- Refrigerate and let it strain for 24-48 hours or until the whey drains completely and the yogurt resembles soft cream cheese. This process is similar to how you prepare hung curd.
- To serve, transfer labneh into a shallow bowl. Make a well and drizzle with olive oil. Top it with za’atar and chilli flakes. Or toppings of your choice.
Subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.
February 25, 2022 @ 4:21 pm
February 28, 2022 @ 11:39 am
Thank you 😊